Tuesday 21 April 2015

Welcome back to Term 2. 
Unfortunately I wasn't able to see all your faces first thing Monday morning.  Mr Haddock and all the family attended his welcoming powhiri to Matamata Primary School.  It was quite emotional and a very special occasion for all the family.

However when I did arrive, it was great to catch up about your holidays as well as find out how you were working as a team with the list of challenges Miss Roycroft had set for you.  A big welcome to Leah who has joined the class.  We've also had some promising news in regard to Olivia's well being.

This week our focus is on ANZAC day and we will also follow up with news next week to hear about dawn parades, the Anzac services and what you get up to on this special memorial day.  It is even more significant this year, do you know why?

Lots of great questions/wonderings have emerged, watch this space as we try and answer as many of them as we can.

Some of the children have even mentioned that grandparents have medals through discussion about their learning at home, this is great!

I was able to even uncover some shoebox photos of relatives who fought in WW1.

Today we explored aspects of the symbolic Poppy and why we wear them - we also read along to the Flanders Field poem.    

Joseph shared this picture with the class via email.

If you have precious photos, war memorabilia etc you can take a photo and upload it via Google drive, sign in just like you do at school.

Class Dojo - I'm going to try my hardest to make this work, however I do find it extremely difficult to be monitoring when I'm really engaged with the children and their learning.  I found a moment yesterday when we had silent reading however this is not ideal.  I'll see how we get on over the next few weeks.

Until next time,
Mrs Haddock 

1 comment:

  1. thats my great great great grandad who fought in world war one it makes me preetey proud. I got some meadels at home from the war

    from JOSEPH


    by joseph

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be checked by the teacher before they can get published to the site.